wire curve

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 23:34:19 -0800

Jim,

That is so interesting!  Long ago a fellow here in the Bay Area,
Jack Roll (he made some great tools), began prestretching
piano wire with some sort of a gadget that put X amount of
weight to some lengths of wire and after some time they would
be straight and much more stable when repairing a broken
string.  I believe Sheldon Smith has all the particulars her in
the Bay Area.  This list is so interesting some times!

David Ilvedson