Teflon thingees

Tue, 09 Mar 1999 19:51:38 -0800

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> Del;
> Postulate a little, or opinionate if you prefer :-)
> Why do the larger bushings not cause the same problems as the smaller
> versions. I am of the same experience as you vis a vis these large thingees
> and have always thought that perhaps it was the more pronounced ribs that made
> them less susceptible to teflonitis as far as moisture/dryness is concerned.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Probably just because of their size.  The ribs might help, but remember that the
second version of small bushings also had ribs.  Teflon does have some give to it
-- i.e., it's not a 100% rigid material.  I think the extra diameter simply gave
the bushing room enough to absorb the slight wood movement.

Del