If it worked, the technique is right!

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:27:54 EST

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote;

<<The three alleged repairs ... demonstrably damaged the piano. Could you
please refer back to the original post of the indefinite antecedent>>

It had to do with smearing CA glue on pins in any old way that improved
torque.

<<and give us your thoughts as to what you might have done under the
circumstances?>>

No, - for that is irrelevant. My point was made in reference to the attitude
of "whatever works is OK" that I increasingly see on this list, not to any
specific repair.  I am,  in essence, starting a new "thread", and not replying
to any specific repair.

<<Never would have guessed! ...  (that the reply was sarcastic!)>>

Believe it or not, I have found it necessary to include such a warning in the
rare cases I do say something tongue in cheek.  Some people, seriously, take
it literally! No doubt they are too hurried, or skip read, or such, and I
understand how that can happen. I did not want my stance on these specific
repairs to be misunderstood

See - no flame suit necessary!

Bill Simon
Phoenix

p.s. - <<The best things in life aren't things.>>

Nice thought.