Duplicity on a Grand Scale

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:29:27 -0500

Ron,
    That is pretty interesting. I wonder if various confugurations of
duplex (i.e angle and length) result also in a change in timber of the
tone which bleeds across.  Perhaps an adjustable couterbearing bar could
be built for a few notes on a real piano.  Then test with the RCT
pianalyzer how various configurations of duplex affect relative overtone
intensity.  Perhaps one could control/voice or bleed out from the
speaking length the undesireable overtones into the duplex, i.e a useful
duplex.
Just a thought.
-Mike