Custom Tunings in TuneLab

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:07:34 -0500

Users of ETDs:

TuneLab's main deficiency is the time it takes to generate a custom
tuning from scratch.  I have heard this complaint so often that I
have decided it is time to make a major advance in the program.

In order to make this advance, I have instituted project "Template".
To participate in project "Template", you only need to measure
the inharmonicity on several of the pianos that you tune and
e-mail those readings to me.  I will analyze them and use them
to create a small number of templates which will enable TuneLab
to generate custom tunings without a lot of work on your part.

To see how you can help with this project, please visit my web
page   http://www.wwnet.net/~rscott/template.html   for more
information.

Thanks,
Bob Scott