My 10-minute tuning in practice!

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:10:05 -0800

Karen,
	I do. I think that the method isn't half as important as the speed with
which it's performed. Sometimes I'm not even listening but just raising
tension. It works really well for those pianos that are really far down.
For those that aren't I use the overpull of the ETD. Actually I use the
overpull on the real tuning after the pitch raise too. In fifteen years
I can count on one hand the times I've needed more than 2 times thru to
give the customer a "playable instrument" . Flame suit ready but
remember, this is not perfect but just "what they can afford" .
				Greg Newell