Beats

Ola Andersson o-anders@online.no
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:20:25 +0000

Hallo everybody,

To questions.

I`ve read alot about tuning but never seen a complete list of the beats.

Question 1.
Where can i find a full list of beats per minute or second.

 The tuners who tune by ear that Iīve meet, Talks about beats but donīt
know the exact amount. They kind of tune by sound of an interval.

Question 2.
Is there anybody who follows the beats strictly? And how common is it?
To tune a piano by ear better than a ETD how strictly shall I tune
perfect beats.
To set a temperament should I put time and energy in counting beats or
should I go for the sound or feel of an interval?

Ola Andersson
Bergen, Norway.