Fwd: Humid Recital in Bangkok

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 01:11:45 -0600

I hope the only way for this "urban legand" to get spin here is that the
REAR leg was kicked, axed or chainsawed off.  After all if it were the
right front leg, the piano would only tilt..what..2 degrees?

It is true that an early concert pianist in America, in front of an
audience, took a fire ax  to a piano that kept breaking strings, and
stormed out of the theater.  The manager to quell the uproarious audience
promised to redeem the tickets for whomever 10 am the next morning. At
9:30 he arrived to find a line half a block long. People started asking
him how much would it cost to see the piano that ______? ______? smashed
with a fire ax. CMIW but I think this account is in "Men Women and Pianos"
which obviously got sent back to the library, or I would have named the
pianist.

Ric Oyarn

"One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble" David Bowie