Protek CLP

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 06:49:04 -0500

Friends:

I will be tuning a school grand piano in the near future for another
technician.  The piano is scheduled for a rebuild in the near future,
but in the meantime it is very hard to get a stable tuning because the
strings bear on a wide piece of felt between the agraffes and tuning
pins.

Has anyone tried squirting the felt with CLP where the strings slide
across this felt?  If so, what were the results -- good, bad, temporary
or permanent?  I reckon doing this large an area would take about 2
ounces of CLP, a pretty small investment in both money and time if the
results are worth it.  With the permission of this technician I would
like to give it a try.  Thanks in advance for your responses.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA