Protek CLP

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:51:48 -0800

Clyde
Similar situation............................

When I rebuilt my Steinway A2 , I stuck
in a great wide piece of understring felt (looks lovely)
and was forthwith chastened  by a peer with
warnings about friction as string begins corroding.
But behold------the strings are on & the deed is done.

Clyde Hollinger wrote:
>>>Has anyone tried squirting the felt with CLP where the strings slide
across this felt?  If so, what were the results -- good, bad, temporary
or permanent? <<<<<

Proteck was applied as being discussed,
It feels good, and has yet to caused any problems.
Have not yet sensed a need to reapply.
Its been three, pushing four years.
If and when I put new string I will use less felt.
Perhaps you can use less felt in the rebuild then
is presently installed.

                                          Dave Renaud
                                          RPT
                                          Ottawa-Hull