Meantone, my personal adventure-the tempered 5ths

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:42:20 EST

In a message dated 3/19/99 6:23:11 PM, pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu wrote:

<<"Now, I am in need of some education. You have mentioned the 11th comma
MEANtone temperament as being EQUAL temperament. It was my understanding
that it takes 12 equal half steps to make equal temperament and so my
logic seems to demand dividing the ditonic comma into 12 parts. Where did
I go wrong?">>

 Ric McCount, Jim Sr.;
 Finally something on this thread I can guess at :-)
If you take an octave and separate it eleven times, equally,........ you would
be left with twelve parts........... Right ??
Or am I wrong again ??
Jim Bryant (FL)