Well Temperaments

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 00:53:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jerry:

You asked for a plan of attack in tuning the octave in Historical
Temperaments. You still can use the M3rd-10th-17th tests. They just won't
progress evenly as in equal temperament. Bill Bremmer takes advantage of
the opportunity to spread out the 5ths which are narrowed more than
usual in Equal Temperament. Perhaps he will jump in a give some suggestions
about how to go about this.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS I would appreciate the figures you have worked out in text form. If you
have that already worked out, it is easy to send in the body of an email
message rather than sending it as an attachment. I found that many people
do not have the ability to receive attachments. I ended up sending my
stuff in the body as regular ascii text.   JWC.