AcryliKey...anybody using it?

Richard Wagner rjwag@pacifier.com
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:26:33 -0800

Hi Brian and list,

I'll send you some further information privately so as not to clog up the
list too much but in short:

>>I wondered about how easy it is to match color or grain...<<
With a bit of practice, it is quite easy to match the color of an ivory
keytop.

>>...whether it can be used on any of the key coverings, even the new
plastic...<<
Although "AcryliKey" does seem to bond to all the plastics I've tried it
on, the color match here is more difficult.  The reason being that plastic
is an opaque *dense* sort of white whereas both ivory and "AcryliKey" are
more transluscent in nature.

>>...whether the repairs are close to invisible...<<
On ivory, yes.

>>Is it expensive to use?<<
Depending on your labor rate, the kit should pay for itself within the
first few repairs.  Then you're left with enough materials to do many more.

>>fast to apply?<<
Again with a little practice, 15-20 minutes start to finish is a reasonable
expectation.

Thanks,
		Richard Wagner RPT