Questions about worn pinblock

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:34:24 -0700

Ron,
CA  glue is the  cheapest and good way to go. Yes the piano will be able to
be tuned after the use of CA glue. Pianos that I have done are still
holding well after three years.
>From your post the only other option would be to re string at a difference
of cost of 10 to one.
Joe Goss
Always on the level and now well traveled.

----------

<<academy@idcomm.com>

> </color>To:

about worn pinblock

1999 00:42:00 -0700

> </color><FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param>To whom it may
concern:<bigger>

> <smaller>Recently my piano tuner informed me that my piano could no
> longer be expected to hold a tune because the pins were too
> loose in the pinblock. He suggested a technique whereby
> superglue would be injected into the pinblock to hold the pins
> in position. My questions are as follows:<bigger>

the guild knows
> and approves?<bigger> </paraindent>

tuned thereafter?
> It seems to me that once glued, the pins could
> never again be turned.<bigger> </paraindent>

options? The
> piano is a Hamilton studio console, about 30
> years old.<bigger></paraindent>
>
> <smaller>Thanks for your reply.<bigger>
>
> <smaller>Darrel Schultz<bigger>

underline></color><bigger>