AcryliKey...anybody using it?

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:15:26 -0500

btrout@desupernet.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen the advertisement in the Journal month after month about
> AcryliKey.  I just wondered if anyone who's using it would like to
> comment?
>
> I wondered about how easy it is to match color or grain, whether it can
> be used on any of the key coverings, even the new plastic, whether the
> repairs are close to invisible... Is it expensive to use? fast to apply?
>
> I know... questions, questions.  Inquiring minds want to know!  ; - )
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hope you all are having a great weekend!
>
> Brian Trout
> Quarryville, Pa.

I've used it and it does work. However, it takes practice. I never got
good enough at it to make it profitable. I figure about 20 minutes per
key.  That adds up quickly.

If the keys are really bad, I suggest complete recovering!  I send my
keys to Walker Piano Service in KY.  They do nice work.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild