question about restringing

Danny BODDIN danny.boddin@planetinternet.be
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:38:04 +0100

When restringing the basspart I first put the end of the bassstring on =
the hitchpin, put the string in the pinhole, turn to make the coils and =
give it finally only one full 360=B0 twist before putting the pin in the =
pinblock and driving it in.
 I just saw a video today showing severall ( 3 or 4 ) twists of the =
string before putting it on the hitch pin  explaining that this =
procedure is necessary to prevent the rattle or buzz in the next years =
to come.=20
Anny comments about the right procedure(s) of twisting are welcome. =
Thank you.=20
Danny.
danny.boddin@planetinternet.be
Danny Boddin Pianoservice