Customers overpay me!

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:43:08 -0600

In the last couple of months I have had at least three customers
intentionally overpay me, I guess because they received more than they
thought they would, etc.  One lady overpaid me $200 because she was so
happy, last week $75 overpaid for a $300 job, etc.  (I'm charging $45/hr.)
 THEN, last month a guy I worked for asked if I would allow him to pay me
1/2 in Feb and 1/2 in March since I did more work and charged more than he
thought (I was open-ended on the original estimate because of the
uncertainty of what would be needed, I was clear with him).  Now he's
almost a month late with the balance ($525) and I'm getting a little
nervous.

My point is just that there is such a difference in people and how they
treat you, how they  (do or don't) appreciate you, etc.  I've learned never
to be generous to one person just because everyone else seems so nice.  You
just can't get mushy with the public!  But I KNEW that, I just got weak!!!!

P.S.
I had a no-show from a customer who scheduled with me, then got another
tuner out quicker than I could and forgot to cancel me.  She refuses to pay
the $45.00 failed appointment charge because "I have nothing writing".
What do you do with no-shows?  Do we have a case?

LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net