CLYDE - Proper Approach? - CA pinblock repairs

DON PRICE dcp@sosinc.net
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:02:43 -0700

Clyde  -   I 've done this several times when only one or two pins were
loose.   The ones I have treated have pin bushings.   I did this again just
yesterday.    I carry the small tube you buy at the discount stores since
they take little space in my kit.  I place the tip of the tube at the top
edge of the bushing, and let enough drops out until the CA moves down and
around both side of the bushing.   I'm doubtful that the CA wicks into the
pinblock  with the piano in the vertical position.   I suspect  the added
torque is from the bushing itself, but whatever, the pin is  now tight
enough to hold.   I've only done this the past few months, so I don't have
any idea of longevity using this approach.    It's a quick and easy repair
compared to using a tilter,  or bushings.   I first used this approach when
there was no more room under the coil to drive the pin.    After reading
about some of the problems with breaking strings caused by driving pins and
the resultant sharp string angles, I think I will be using the CA even when
there is room under the coil.

dcp@sosinc.net
Don Price
816 Vickie