Removing Bass Strings

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:51:41 -0500

Removed them how?

You can use a becket breaker but lowering tension a little helps this
by allowing the coil to release it's hold on the pins.  If you are
cutting the strings with a wire cutter then you should lower tension.
With 300-400 pounds tension you don't want those strings flying
around.  Or you can use an _electric_ drill and trun the pins out
until the becket breaks then take then pin out, cut coils off and pull
strings out.  Becket breaks allow you to pull the pins out without
removing strings first.

		Newton