Removing Bass Strings

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:33:05 -0800

Dave,
I asked a similar question a few months ago about restringing just the
bass on a fairly new Kawai grand.  The majority of the responses that
I got from the List back then said not to worry about lowering the
tension on the rest of the piano.

So, I didn't worry.  The job went well.  The piano is fine and once
again the tuning is stable.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA