Leveling a plate? Del? Ron? Anybody?

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:04:29 -0500

In Providence, Chris Robinson gave a technique for this.

First take large wood screws and make the head narrower but larger
than the plate bolt hole. Screw them into the bolt holes.  Install plate
and adjust height with a screw driver throught the plate bolt holes.
I think one may need to use pipe clamps and lengths of wood to help
hold the plate down. Once the plate is set to the correct height, remove
the plate and install the dowels on either sides of the screws and trim
flush to screwhead; remove screws, thank Chris.

The only thing better than this list is a convention.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)