Pierce Interpretation...

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:44:13 -0500

This is all a bit ridiculous. Did any of you have your first batch of
invoices printed up as "Invoice 0001"? While this might be an *ethically
superior* stance to take, it would be telling your customer "you're my
firts customer!!!! --- wish me good luck!!!!" While that might be
ultra-honest, it's really dumb business sense to push it in your customer's
face. Likewise, few smart piano buyers want to buy a piano that shouts
"first one made -- can you find the defects that Quality Control missed??"
 If we added all the most recent serial numbers of all the piano brands
that were built in the US, we'd have a much larger number of "paper pianos"
than ever existed.

Patrick