Hammer return springs on Whitney spinet

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 01 May 1999 07:51:14 -0400

I did replace them all with screw on springs.  The problem is that the
springs are too strong and will have to be weakened before putting the
rail back in the piano.

I used the drill press to drill the holes for the screws so I was able
to get the holes drilled neatly.  Make sure to drill the holes large
enough so the screw will go it but not so large they will strip out.
I would have preferred sheet metal screws instead of the little wood
screws that came with the set.

Don't worry about there not being bridle straps.  The spoons hold the
wippens up far enough so the jack down not fall down under the butts.

		Newton