Nordiska clarification

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 01 May 1999 07:58:30 -0400

Friends,

I asked the question after seeing an ad for Nordiska pianos in the Music
Trades magazine.  As we know, a name brand's quality, as well as its
place of manufacture, can change.  I am asking about new or recent
Nordiska pianos being currently made in China.

I know we can't buy everything we read in ads, but this ad called the
piano "the perfect balance between Scandinavian design and Asian
precision."  Other phrases in the ad include "superior performance...
created in China... European elegance available to piano buyers at
prices never before possible... only the world's finest materials...
prestigious Nordiska scale designs...."

As far as I know, no dealer in this area is selling these pianos, but we
are all looking for good deals for our customers, which is why I posted
the question.  Now with this clarification, would anyone like to add
more light to the subject?  For a low-priced piano, I wouldn't expect
excellence, I suppose, but my question basically is, is it at least
respectable and reasonable or just another "piano-shaped object?"

Thank you, Baoli Liu, for your helpful response.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger