Nordiska clarification

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 02 May 1999 08:47:52 +0200

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I  I am asking about new or recent Nordiska pianos being currently made in
> China.
>
> "the perfect balance between Scandinavian design and Asian
> precision." ..... "superior performance...
> created in China... European elegance available to piano buyers at
> prices never before possible... only the world's finest materials...
> prestigious Nordiska scale designs...."
>

> Regards,
> Clyde Hollinger

Well... what can I say. Living here and knowing personally one of Nordiskas
(the old Nordiska) main men, Steinways main man in Olso, and never hearing
about Nordiska being sold to some Chinese company propably says something. I
adhere to those who use the PSO concept without shame. A spade is definately
a spade in my book. (By the way I have always used  the word "spade" as
meaning "shovel" and not any particular race thing.) I have yet to see a
chinese piano I thought should be allowed on the market. A couple Russian
makes also fit this assesment. As for the "New Nordiska".. I havent ever
seen one but in general the kind of hype you see in the add would be enough
to hold me away.

My advice... DONT buy, until you see the product at a convention or
something and are satisfied. Even then expect problems and dont expect any
support from the company.

Personally, I'd like to see folks stop selling things that truely only
resemble a piano in looks, but do not function in a stable manner over time.
It wrecks both the young ear and the young interest in music.

Richard Brekne

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: richardb.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard