misc info - Vcards

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 2 May 1999 12:16:36 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron,
>
>If you use Eudora, you can configure your Settings File to automatically
>trash an attachment when its message is deleted. This eliminates the need
>to search for those Vcard attachments and delete them manually.
>
>Regards,
>
>Tom

Hi Tom,
After I posted, it occurred to me that someone would suggest this. Sure,
that would work fine, but there is more to it than that. I correspond with
various individuals who regularly send me attachments which I need to keep,
though I don't need the message to which they are attached. An automatic
delete with the potential of messing me up and wasting more time (getting
the attachment back) than hand deleting Vcard files doesn't strike me as the
optimal solution. The path of least resistance, and minimal annoyance, is to
just not send the Vcards to the List in the first place. After all, what
purpose do they serve in this context? Being utterly superfluous to the
informational content of the message, like the html coding that accompanies
some messages, why include them at all?

Sometimes it's better to KISS and tell.

Regards,
 Ron