hammered Foote

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Mon, 03 May 1999 10:17:39 +0000

Hi Ed,
   Baldwin Factory Hammers are real nice.  Though they tend toward the
lignt/bright by nature but they stay voiced and respond to all types of
voicing and have never become obnoxious, even under heavy use.  No
chemical hardening will be needed in my experience which is five over
the last six years.  Be sure to specify the whether the shanks are
old/new bore, and watch out for extra tall drop screws that won't let
you get the action in, and you may have to loosen some of the centers
using their shrinking solution.  I have been happy with them.
-Mike Jorgensen.