Tightening coils on sloppy restringing

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 4 May 1999 00:18:39 -0400

Do you also try to have the beckets all in the general same
area from pin to pin?  That also is a sign of high quality
stringing.  Just before first chip tuning I go through and "rob
from Peter to pay Paul" between the two pins where
necessary.  You may very well have meant the above when
you wrote  "I try to make the becket come out of the hole
uniformly".

David Ilvedson, RPT

Yes, and perhaps.  I do try to make the beckets line up, sort of like a
bunch of little toy soldiers. : - )    I like the way it looks.

Actually, what I meant was that I try to make the wire come through the
tuning pin to exactly the same point so as to not have one not sticking out
at all, and the next sticking out 1/4 inch,  well, I'm exagerating...

But I'm glad the thread came up.  I've been doing some thinking, and with
input from many of the fine rebuilders here, I'm starting to see the light
in making the end of the wire just even with the side of the tuning pin
instead of letting it stick out slightly.  It's one of those things that I
just didn't think through before.

And thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread.  I learned
something.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout