Tools and such...

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 4 May 1999 21:37:17 -0400

Jon wrote:

>In regards to screw drivers:
>Snap-on     Even the slot bit drivers for a 3/8" drive ratchet.
>
>I've broken everything from Craftsman to Stanley.
>Nothing I've tried holds up to the quality of Snap-on.

I'm with you 100% on this one Jon.  I fell for the "Craftsman Guarantee" on
a set of screwdrivers a year or so ago.  Junk.  I could probably take them
back for replacement, but the new ones probably wouldn't be any better than
the old ones.

I do have a few Craftsman tools I do like.  But they were certain pieces
selected for certain things.

Snap-on does make wonderful tools.  I've also heard that Mac (sp?) makes
some pretty good tools too.  I haven't seen them.

As a general rule, I've never been sorry I've spent a little (sometimes more
than a little) more and got a really good quality tool.  Poorly made tools
are difficult to use well and can be hazardous to your well-being.

Take care,

Brian Trout