The teacher's piano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Tue, 04 May 1999 18:46:30 -0400

List,

I agree with Julie's assessment of what a piano teacher's piano should
be.  Unfortunately, for every teacher I serve who has a decent grand
piano, there is one (or more) who has a spinet, console, or old
upright.  Sorta sad, in my mind.

And now for a little trivia -- I seem to remember from my
English-teaching days that the preferred spelling is "gray" in this
country.  In the dictionary I have, "grey" refers me to "gray," which is
where the definitions are.  But I reckon both are correct.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger