grey market?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 4 May 1999 18:16:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/04/1999 5:19:30 PM, Jay wrote:

<<"It has three pedals,".............."My instinct says it's not grey market
because of the condition and full prepping, but... it was shipped from CA and
was on a list with about 300 others.">>

Jay;
 The Japanese also make three pedal pianos for their domestic consumption so
that won't tell you anything by itself. Look inside, on the bass or straight
side of the rim. If there is a holder for documents, or four little brad
holes where there used to be a document holder, it is a "grey market"
instrument. Of course they may not be there if the instrument was not used in
an institution. :-)
   I have seen these pianos come in with just a heavy coat of dust and when
cleaned up they certainly didn't look like a very used instrument.
  If it was "on the list" you can rest assured that it is a "grey market"
instrument...........that is not needfully a bad thing, in my opinion which
is contrary to the opinion of others, but there it is.
Jim Bryant (FL)