Hoffman piano

Thu, 06 May 1999 07:24:53 -0700

Frank,

I looked at a Hoffman/Feurich about 8 or 9 years ago.  At the time they were
identical.  I think the sell-out to Bechstein came a bit later.  As may be --
the piano was one of the best designs I've yet seen come out of Germany.  It
was also quite nicely built.  Had it not been for the extremely hard Renner
hammers it would probably also have been the best sounding German piano around.

I have no knowledge of the companies prior history or what happened to it
later.  I do hope that the piano is still around.

Del