Petrof/Renner actions

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:30:30 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/99 1:55:09 AM !!!First Boot!!!, rockymtn@sprynet.com
writes:

<< Just a second . . . I went to a Petrof presentation a couple of years ago
 and I remember something more to the IIIM then just a true Renner action .
 . . aren't there other improvements too?  Different hammers, soundboard,
 materials, etc.?

 I might be wrong but I seemed to remember a BIG difference once you stepped
 up to the M.

 Glenn.

I just read the official Petrof Specifications sheet, and the only difference
that is shown between the two is the action.  However, I just spoke with
Petrof and they told me the other difference between the III and the IIIM is
that the IIIM has an exposed pin block, with smaller tuning pins, driven
deeper into the block, for better tuning stability.  With this information,
there is indeed a differences worth noting.  However, I still stand with my
earlier assessment, in that for the kind of use the piano will get at the
church, unless there is money available, the church would not loose anything
as far as quality is concerned between the two models.

Willem