Coils/pins

Lew Jones lewjone@prodigy.net
Thu, 06 May 1999 16:41:53 -0400

To the original question- since the technician and the customer know
this piano is a likely candidate for a rebuild, you should consider that
if you agree 'to get it working', as soon as you do any work, it is ALL
your responsibility, without a prior agreement.  If anything happens
before the rebuild, the customer will most likely remind you that 'it
wasn't like that before you fixed it'.  Done that, been there, etc.  You
would be wise to insist on a complete rebuild or leave it alone.

If you are committed to 'just get it working', we have a suggestion you
may consider for trying to remove the action.  Insert a piece of about
.050 sheet metal, width of the action, 6"- 8" wide, between the top of
the action and the bottom of the pin block.  This will keep screw heads,
etc. from dragging and/or hanging up on the pin block.  Also, done that,
been there, and it worked.

Wire perturbing from the becket is also a problem for our visually
impaired tuner friends.

Lew Jones and Joe Brown
lewjone@prodigy.net
Smyrna, DE