Currier pianos

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 09 May 1999 09:11:58 -0400

This piano was made with the same materials and techniques they used
to make helicopter blades.  No back posts.  At the time (mid '70s?) I
thought it was a weak design because when I looked at the back,
edgewise, _I_ could see the back curled upper left to lower right from
the front of the piano.  I also hated the tuning pin configuration.

The 'plate' break, as you describe it, may be unique to the breed,
just like any plate break is (mostly) so I would tune another one but
tell the story of this one to the next owner.

The cost of even trying to repair this piano would far exceed the cost
of a new inexpensive piano and even then I would not trust such a
repair.

Be grateful you were not the last tuner.

		Newton