Grading System

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 May 1999 17:37:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/09/1999 5:02:51 PM, Rob wrote:

<<"So the grading system is from purveyors of used instruments? ">>

Rob;
 Yes, of the several dealers I purchase from, each has their own "definition"
of grades. The one I put on the list is kinda representative though.  The
trick here is getting what you order.........For instance there is one dealer
who sets every piano up, inspects it, and either validtes the grading ,or
changes it to a lower grading if needful before shippping. There is another
dealer who never unpacks or even sees any of the instruments he
sells.......... (care to guess who gets more of my business?:)
  There is one dealer, who I no longer will do business with,  who will send
whatever is handy and bet that you won't send it back....because it is too
much trouble, oh the model/finish will be the same, but the grade???

 There is one dealer whose grading/inspection/advice I would trust enough to
sell a piano from, sight unseen, in the correct circumstances. However he
handles only grade A or B instruments and I am only interested in C/D/J
thingees, so as a consequence don't do much business with him. Name? Wilton
Sykes.
Jim Bryant (FL)