travel tape

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 11 May 1999 04:37:20 -0400

Good idea, Rob, but it didn't work for me. I had been looking for an excuse
to purchase a paper shredder for a while, and the idea of also making
travel paper became the catalyst I needed. By the time I finally found a
source for the gummed tape, I had already found a good deal on a
shredder... and used it a lot. (Ever noticed how our paperless society has
generated even more paper?) Unfortunately, my shredder, and, as I
subsequently discovered, most of the reasonably priced (non-commercial)
shredders yield 1/4 inch strips. Also, some of them leave a fine edge in
the cutting process, similar to the edge of a serrated steak knife. I'm not
sure what the end results of this would be on travel tape... maybe nothing.

Anyway, by the time I discovered this, I was already sold on the idea of
the shredder for its intended purpose.

At 06:36 PM 5/10/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I was just thinking,
>
>If you could cut it into lengths, say ten or twelve inches, you could then run
>them through a paper shredder and they would be cut into perfect even strips
>and be ready to go.  Whata ya think?
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT
>University Nevada, Las Vegas

Jim Harvey, RPT