travel tape

james turner JTTUNER@webtv.net
Thu, 13 May 1999 01:43:49 -0500 (EST)

John Ford use to sell the pin stripe travel tape that American Piano now
sells.  He got me started on it about 12 years ago and I just haven't
seen the problems with it that some have reported.

I recently checked a grand action I used this gummed tape on over 10
years ago and the tape was on so well it was difficult to remove.
Unless there is another reason for not using pin tape, I can't see the
problem.  I have more problems with the brown paper not staying glued
onto the flanges after a period of time.

Jim Turner