Embarrassing request

wtscherer WallyTS@compuserve.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 15:57:19 -0400

Dear Fellow Piano Technicians,

Last year I removed a key from an old Wurlitzer upright piano belonging to
a customer in order to try to match the keytop material for another key
whose top was missing.

It sat around for several months on top of my filing cabinet while I would
occasionally make an effort to find a matching top.

Then last August when I came back from a trip, I found my wife had moved
out of our rented house taking everything with her.

The customer is now really wanting her key back, but it is nowhere to be
found, either in my wife's things or in mine.

I have taken some measurements and drawings of the adjacent keys with the
hopes that someone on this list will be able to help me find a replacement
key for the old Wurlitzer.

Any suggestions? Please send replies to me personally at
<WallyTS@compuserve.com> as I am not signed on to the list at present.

Thanks.

Wally Scherer,
Piano Technician,