Rendering, an explanation...

BDeTar@AOL.COM BDeTar@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 May 1999 16:05:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/99 11:39:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
BSimon1234@AOL.COM writes:

<< << Irregular holes in the agraffe causes the strings to "hang
up...SOLUTION:
 Remove the
 string from the agraffe, remove the agraffe and, using a modified # 7 center
 drill, ream the agraffe from BOTH sides. >>

 I must be missing something important here.  A #7 drill bit is 0.2010" in
 diameter,  huge in comparison to the agraffe hole, so I presume you do not
 mean an actual #7 drill.  Could you explain? ( And - how modified?)

 Bill Simon
 Phoenix >>

Hello Bill, et al,

The key word here is: CENTER drill.  This is special bit used on metal lathes
to make an indentation in the end of your stock so it can be placed in one of
the centers (for lack of a better term, "clamp).  This can either be the
drive center or the end center.

The easiest way to describe the modification is to look closely at the inner
contour of the hole/face in the agraffe.  Take the agraffe to your favorite
machinist, and have him/her grind your #7 CENTER drill to the same contour.

I hope this helps.  If you all can recieve .jpg or .bmp pictures, I could
post a drawing of the modification.  Anyone interested?

Brian De Tar
Portland, OR
BDeTar@aol.com
					"NO OBSTACLES...ONLY OPPORTUNITIES!!"