Restringing in the home

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 13 May 1999 21:18:10 -0400

I am not a fan of doing this work in the field.

Examine the plate holes and tuning pins, if the pins are too close to the
backside of the holes, then the plate holes need to be elongated by drilling
with a bit which is the same size as the hole and angled so as to remove
a little material from the back-bottom of the plate hole. This will insure
that
the pin will not contact the plate.  I would only dare this with the plate
removed.

That and travel time.

Jon Page

Jon Page,  Harwich Port,  Cape Cod,  Mass.  mailto:jpage@capecod.net