wire splicing

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Fri, 14 May 1999 11:29:51 -0700

A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

> 2)  Again, take the vise grips and grab the new piece, which is still in the
> same "butt-jointed" starting position and turn it 270 degrees
> COUNTERCLOCKWISE.

I personelly, never had much success with vise grips,

Maby those first few I did were on really old wire that very
liable to break. The kinks I would create often seemed
to break when bringing it up.

A good pair of round nose plyers makes perfectly smooth round
bends every time, no kinks, never ever seems to break on me, not yet
anyway.
                                   Cheers

                                    Dave Renaud
                                    RPT