Sandblasting Revisited

Stan Kroeker skroeker@mts.net
Fri, 14 May 1999 08:52:18 -0500 (CDT)

>Stan Kroeker writes;
><<With the greatest respect, Bill, so far this is your unsubstantiated
>opinion only.>>
>
>Thank you for your response to my post Stan.
>
>...can you provide...any logical
>argument...that spraying highly abrasive dust...is
>harmless to...felt, wood, and brass centers?

>Almond shells are logically harmless, bead blast grit (  shattered glass bead
>fragments) is logically harmful

>Is there a mental leap I am missing here?
>
>Please do respond Stan, I really want to learn.

The 'logic' you suggest above would be the first step to finding
irrefutable evidence to prove your theory.  Since I suspect neither you nor
I are federally funded scientists, our resources are limited to empirical
observation.  My experience and that of many others using this technique,
convinces me that the risks of BEAD (never sand) blasting are minimal.

That being said, I intend to try some of the kinder, gentler blasting media
you have previously suggested.  Thanks for exploring this subject, Bill!

>P.S. - Stan, do you have a microscope?

Nope.  I have a magnifying glass, though!

Regards,

Stan Kroeker
Winnipeg