torque with pin dope and CA glue

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 16 May 1999 08:44:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/1999 8:42:58 AM, John wrote:

<<"Cliff had some pieces of Falcon wood pin blocks he had been using for the
class. He gave me a piece about 1 foot square............................ I
took it home and drilled 8 holes such that the pin torque was between 5 and
10 inch pounds. I then treated the block with several different treatments.">>

John;
 If I am not mistaken Falconwood is normally almost saturated with whatever
it is that is used to form such a dense laminated plank.  As such Falconwood
'may' not be the best indicator of efficacy concerning various pin block
"treatments" vis a vis more traditional type plank construction.
Just a thought.
 Jim Bryant (FL)