My answer to you about Steinway regulation

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Mon, 17 May 1999 12:36:24 -0600

At 08:08 PM 5/17/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear colleagues,
>
>my answer to al this is :

(SNIP)

> A definitely
>good and trustworthy book from the source isn't that bad as a help, is it?
>

>Antares

Andre'
	No, it's not. As a matter of fact, as a guidline, it's priceless. It can
take a while for a new tech to learn that the "numbers" aren't always
perfect, but having some #s is better than NOT having any. Haven't most of
us had the chance to follow up after someone who "didn't have a clue"?
Parts, models, and diagrams are the basis for newbies to learn the
relationships of the action parts. I think that it has also been pointed
out (maybe on another thread) that you just gotta play the thing. J. Geiger
starts a lot of his classes with that ONE major instruction. Just PLAY it.
Get to know it. Feel the difference between .... uh ... sorta right and
sorta wrong.

gn