Steinway Regulation, " It's Wood my friends !! "

Fixurpiano@AOL.COM Fixurpiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 17 May 1999 19:14:38 EDT

Until the entire action is all Plastic/ metal (hello Kawai ) there is no way
to get every tolerance even across the whole 88 and to the tenth or
hundredth. Then the keybed/frame/case is still wood, messing up things, plus
humidity.
If your customer is that sensitive, we should be invoving them in the final
results, testing different aftertouch depths, etc... This is an interactive
machine(instrument), It has to be ergonomic to be pleasing.  My fingers are
different length and different strength than yours.  I like deeper dip, and
can play hard.  Give me a short dip like many factory settings are and tiny
aftertouch and I will make you re-do it.  Get to know your customer first,
then see if the factory book says those settings will work on their piano.
If yes. go! if not, explain to your customer,and  re-test.  They will love
you for it and will not want to lose you once you know their " favorite feel"
 A computer needs every "1" and "0" in place to work right, the computer
customer has no choice. Our customers have some choice, its their piano, let
them have it.
Best Regards to everyone. Steve