Message Index?

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 17 May 1999 18:25:48 -0500

DebNorthey@AOL.COM wrote:

> Is it possible to index the messages by "day" instead of every one showing up
> on my e-mail singlely? Somewhere I heard this is possible. I was told that
> the messages can show up under a per day date. They're getting all mixed up
> with my other e-mail and it is really getting confusing. Much as I enjoy
> reading all the tech e-mails, it can be a bit much sometimes when I can't get
> on my computer for a couple of days.

Yes, two ways to do this:

1. You can subscribe to this list in "Digest" format, i.e. it all comes to you in
a single message once a day.  To do this unsubscribe and then RE subscribe as...
subscribe pianotech digest

2. Create a seperate mail file in your browser, (just go to the main inbox file
when the mail window is open), right click, and click on "add subfolder" or "add
folder" or whatever it says on your browser.  Name the file "Pianotech" or
whatever you want.  Then go into the filters menu and set up a filter so that all
incoming mail from pianotech is to be directed to that folder.  Then each day you
can open the folder and all messages from this list only will be there.  Your
normal inbox will have normal private mail only.

Hope this helps.

Rob Goodale, RPT
University of Nevada, Las Vegas