Termites!

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:01:56 -0600

Can't help with certainty regarding anti-termite products, but thought
that you mighe be interested in what happened to me when I was sanding
down a stripped S&S L in the early 80's for refinishing and rebuilding.
As I was hand sanding the treble side of the rim, my hand pushed the
sanding block right into the rim - no wood present under the veneer -
thanks to those little buggers.  IOW those things CAN be really
destructive.
btw the instrument had been brought here from Florida.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.

On Tue, 18 May 1999 03:36:16 EDT BobDavis88@AOL.COM writes:
>Hi folks,
>Got a call today from a lady who had a most unfortunate infestation of
>
>termites (in her relatively young house) which came up through the
>floor &
>carpet & into the piano. She and her husband removed the piano to the
>garage
>and the exterminators are coming next Wednesday. What she wants to
>know is,
>are there any anti-termite products that are harmful/not harmful to a
>piano?
>She doesn't want guesses - does anyone out there have some experience
>with
>this?
>Thanks,
>Bob Davis
>Stockton, CA

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]