Yamaha C3 problem

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 18 May 1999 16:22:22

Hi Frank,
              RCT in the PAZ mode will measure harmonic content up to the
12th. This is just one area that RCT scores big over SATIII. A powerfull
trouble shooting tool once you get to know how to use it. In this case, it
is a simple matter to measure the content each string, and compare the
results side by side on the bar graph, you can then voice just one side of
the hammer. It will also pick up discrepencies like phasing hammers if you
know how to interperate the results. False beats and badly mated hammers
will show up as a reduction in amplitude and sustain on a given string.
A definite RCT convert.
Roger

>What does the PAZ mode tell you?  I have an accutuner so this is a
>mystery to me.
>--
>
>Frank Cahill
>Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild
>Northern Va

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.