Curing the disease by killing the patient (was termites)

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 19 May 1999 07:37:50 -0500

As I'm sitting here reading these posts on termites and it occurs to me that
you had better be very careful using whatever  fumigating materials you can
think of.  These substances can sometimes be corrosive and you may wind up
curing a problem while creating another.  The last thing you need is to return
to the piano six months later and find that the strings are completely rusted,
or the bass windings are black and gooy, or felts are rotting, or whatever.
Chemicals can often react in ways never anticipated.  Just a thought.

Rob Goodale, RPT
University of Nevada, Las Vegas